*Alternate Title: Here, There, & Everywhere
We’re still here! We’re still here y’all, I promise!!!! I haven’t posted in a very long time. We need a signal or auto post or something for when our lives get consumed. Basically, real life just got a little too cray cray. In the past 2.5 weeks I’ve been in Chicago, Milwaukee, New York, and now some little town in Tennesee (so no, we’re not in Nashville pretending to be Rayna James and Deacon Claybourne/Luke Wheeler/whoever-her-love-interest-is-at-the-moment). Most of the travel has been work-related, but some is for family. And while we still cooked and baked and cocktailed, we just didn’t have any opportunities to edit photos and write posts. AND IT BUMS ME OUT. So here we are. We’re back, we’re alive. Hopefully I’ll have some time to get back to posting. I have one ready that I’ll publish tomorrow.
In the meantime, enjoy some photos of the almost-12 hours I spent in NYC! Some highlights:
• Said hello to my friend, the Flatiron Building (my college internship was in the neighborhood, so I feel like we’re buds).
• Stopped in Dylan’s Candy Bar. Discovered that there is a candy called Fruity Farts. No, that is not a typo. And FYI, they’re just kind of like Nerds, but without the zingy flavor. Think crunchy sugary candy bits.
• Some views from Top of the Rock (i.e. 30 Rockefeller Center, home of NBC).
• While sitting on a patio at a restaurant right next to Rock Center, someone sort of famous popped by. Anyone watch The Today Show? Or other NBC newsy programs? NBC’s Jeff Rossen just happened to meet up w/ a friend who was sitting right next to our table. Totally random. Definitely took a creeper shot. Sorry, Jeff. It’s not every day I see a real life Today Show person (and for the record, George and I watch The Today Show every morning).
• While on that same patio, my travel buddy and I ordered yellowfin steak tacos and sriracha mayo shrimp. Both unexpectedly really darn good. You might see our own version of the shrimp pop-up in the future.
So that’s about it. Expect some baked goodness to go up tomorrow. And in the meantime, I’m going to enjoy a glass of white wine like my good friend Jeff is up above.